St. Louis Menopause Specialist – Bioidentical Hormones for Women
The signs and effects of the menopause transition can begin as early as age 35, although most women become aware of the transition in their mid to late 40s.
Normally lasting for several years, its duration varies for every woman, and its course is impossible to predict.
During perimenopause, which can last 4-6 years and usually ends after twelve months of amenorrhea, a woman’s menstrual cycle becomes irregular and varied, and fertility becomes diminished.
Particularly in mid-life, as early as age 30, hormone levels begin to decline at varying rates. Fewer hormones cause significant health problems for women.
Some hormones drop steadily over the years (testosterone), while others can fall dramatically in a short period (estrogen and progesterone).
Rates of decline vary from person to person based on genetics and a variety of physical factors.
Menopause treatments focus on relieving your signs and symptoms and on preventing or lessening chronic conditions that may occur with ageing.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy using Estrogen therapy remains, by far, the most effective treatment option for relieving menopausal hot flashes. Depending on your personal and family medical history, your doctor may recommend estrogen to provide symptom relief for you.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women:
- Restores optimal hormonal balance to the body
- Reduces the risk of Osteoporosis
- Reduces vaginal dryness
- Helps eliminate hot flashes
- Improved sleep patterns
- May help reduce the risk of heart disease
- Supports muscle strength and maintenance
- May help improve memory and concentration
- May help slow down the aging process overall
- May help improve healthy cholesterol levels
- Can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
- Provides balanced state for healthy fat-burning due to increased lean muscle mass
- May increases stamina, energy and endurance
- May help protect against Fibrocystic Breasts
- May help with Depression
- Helps increase libido
- May help decrease inflammation and joint pain
- May help improve skin elasticity
- May help normalize blood sugar levels
- Supports immune function
Congratulations on Taking Charge of Your Health!